How do you start a case?
There are a variety of ways to start/open an anesthesia case:
1. Our preferred Windows Tablet has an integrated barcode scanner to scan the patient wristband. By scanning the patient barcode, or entering the case ID manually, the system will instantly open that patient’s chart.
2. On Apple iOS devices, the camera is used to scan the barcode and initiate opening of the patient’s chart.
3. Alternatively, the user may choose from a list of either recently opened or currently admitted patient charts.
4. Finally, a user can use the detailed search option to lookup cases by admit/discharge date, name, MRN, or other demographics.
How does the user enter data?
Graphium for Windows Tablet virtualizes ANY paper form and leverages Microsoft's high fidelity stylus to perform all data entry in such a way as to quickly record discrete, reportable data. There's no keyboard, no mouse. Welcome to the joys of facing your patient. (Video Demo)
Graphium for iOS uses a similar “forms” based approach in which any form’s discrete information may be easily captured at the point of care with minimal impact to the patient experience. Such forms include PQRS Compliance forms, charge tickets, Operational Excellence forms, Complications forms, etc. All of the Graphium analytic, reporting, and integration value is then available to this captured data. (Video Demo)
Can you virtualize my specific anesthesia forms?
Yes. We can virtualize your specific forms. We can also provide a "gap analysis" and let you know which fields you are missing which are required for a complete attestation for PQRS compliance. We typically use the opportunity to update your forms to be more inline with today's standard of documentation.
Can data from physiologic monitors be automatically incorporated?
Yes, the system does allow for the automatic transcription of physiologic data using CapsuleTech integration technology. If requested by the client, the associated implementation and training fees can be provided.
How about fast cases common in private anesthesia practices?
Our anesthesia EMR can be adopted without a loss in productivity. It is faster and more complete than pen and paper. It has been successfully adopted in high turnover environments, including BMTs/T&As, Endoscopy cases, and ophthalmology centers. With customized templating, it gets even faster.
We virtualize your anesthesia forms and make any field you need discrete for later reporting, sharing, and analysis. Combined with our mobile hardware, our platform's flexibility allows you to stay compliant with changing regulations, grow with your facilities as their volume and locations increase, and stay focused on delivering undistracted patient care.
Do you have anesthesia templates? How do they work?
Any discrete field in a form may be populated with a template. Additionally, we create templates to cover the variety of case types to ensure the medications selected, location used, providers involved,etc are associated with a specific template. (Video Demo)
Can previous anesthetics and preops be viewed?
Yes. All forms created in our system are stored and available for review by users with appropriate access level in the system.
Can you integrate with our hospital's EHR?
Our anesthesia platform has a robust service layer making integration relatively painless. We have successfully integrated with Epic, Cerner, GE Centricity, Meditech, NextGen, gMed, and CPSI. Call us for more information.
What mobile devices are supported by your system?
iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod Touch, Motion C5 Windows Tablet
We already use an anesthesia EMR.Can you help us make the data meaningful?
Absolutely. We have the ability to ingest structured text files, importing your data into our proprietary data architecture. We will then give you the same access to near real-time drillable analytics, automated daily emails, provider report cards, AQI integration, charge capture, etc.
How do you help improve chart completion?
Our platform provides feedback in the following ways:
1. Visual, color indicators on all required fields (customizable by facility)
2. Dynamic intelligence comparing different field values to ensure valid data entry depending on user input
3. Pop-up warnings alerting users of all missing fields on a form
4. Automated daily email summaries to subscribed users listing incomplete charts (without need for ancillary staff oversight)
5. Individualized performance reports via our iOS application that allows providers to monitor their own performance and track their incomplete charts
How does your platform help my group ensure compliance?
Quality improvement is a central focus of the Graphium Health platform. We support and facilitate quality improvement in the following ways:
1. AQI Integration: As a “QCDR-Ready” vendor, we provide downstream integration with AQI to ensure PQRS compliance and avoid hefty financial penalties.
2. Operational Analytics: Our web-based administrative dashboard provides convenient, real-time access to productivity, efficiency, safety, utilization, and compliance.
3. Daily Email Summaries: Automated summaries of key operational metrics are provided to subscribed users in the form of daily emails.
4. Individualized Provider Report Cards: We empower individual providers to measure and compare their own performance through a convenient iOS application that offers interactive reporting capabilities.
Do you submit our data for PQRS compliance?
Yes. As a “QCDR-Ready” vendor for the Anesthesia Quality Institute, we satisfy compliance in 4 steps:1. For both Graphium for Windows Tablet and Graphium for iOS, we ensure your providers are collecting as much information as possible on each case as it pertains to the QCDR measures (see videos below).2. We translate this information to the necessary CPT II and ASA Outcome codes without requiring the providers to know the 36 specific definitions.3. We import any required billing information from your RCM vendor.4. We send this information in the required format to AQI for submission to CMS.
Best of all, your providers won't even know they are coding for compliance. It's invisible and automatic.
Do you have any canned reports?
Yes. The foundational value of our platform is integrated, real-time insight for your directors and your providers. We offer real-time anesthesia analytics in the following flavors:
1. Web-based, drillable dashboard2. Automated, daily analytic emails3. Individualized provider level report cards
We have over 30 stocked reports divided into productivity, efficiency, patient safety/compliance, location utilization, and chart completion. Call us for a complete list of available reports.
The reports are drillable, thus allowing you to compare surgeon, specialty, CRNA, anesthesiologist, facility, and location. Real-time, integrated intelligence has never been easier.
Are your reports customizable?
Yes. Graphium Health's proprietary data architecture is designed to make customizable reporting a reality. We can make any field on your form discrete and subsequently provide interactive, comparative reports on this metric.
Can reports be sent by email automatically?
Yes. They are automatically emailed each morning. They are customizable per facility, and we can tailor them to meet a group’s specific needs. We can also send different summary emails each week or each month. Our goal is to provide you an unprecedented view of your data so you can focus on process improvement and not on data analysis.
Can you provide the different forms in PDF format?
Yes. All of this information is accessible either through our web-based administrative dashboard for downloading or through an automated interface.
Can you provide discrete data to our billing software?
Yes. We have integrated with existing billing platforms without issue. We can send structured text files via SFTP or create custom interfaces. Call us for more information.
Can you calculate anesthesia units?
Yes. Based on your Anesthesia Start and End times, we can easily calculate the total anesthesia time units.
Can you help us with ICD9/10 coding?
Yes. Our Anesthesia EMR is very flexible and customizable to mirror your existing workflows. We can help you understand and implement ICD9/10 coding in the simplest way possible.
Can you capture Surgical CPT code and ASA Code?
Yes. We can save a "favorites" list for your group or give you access to the entire CPT dictionary. We can also customize your own walkover codes so the ASA code is automatically captured based on your Surgical CPT.